ACTIVISM, BURN OUT & SELF-CARE
10.00am – 4.00pm Wednesday 28th February
trainer: Akiko Hart
Someone who attended one of our other recent trainings gave this feedback:-
It was absolutely transformative in the way I manage my own capacity in community activism and when supporting friends and other activists, and has allowed me to take on more, because I am confident in setting out what I can and can’t do in any role, so I can avoid burn-out or feeling overwhelmed.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Many of us work to change or influence something in the world. It might be to increase awareness around a specific issue, advocate for a new policy, or improve the way existing services are run. It might be that we influence, fight, shape or create in order to help build a world closer in line with our values.
But life as an activist brings its own challenges. The hope and optimism which we need to fuel our work, can sometimes dwindle into overwhelm, powerlessness and exhaustion.
In this training we will explore why we are activists. Why we choose to help someone or change something. We’ll also look at some coping strategies for when faced with daily and systemic challenges, and put in place the core principles of peer support so that we are better able to support ourselves and others.
Topics covered will include:
• An overview of mental health and the language and models we use
• Distress and trauma, and bearing witness to distress and trauma
• Coping strategies and recognizing burnout
• Passion, compassion & self-care
- The full fee will be chargeable if you cancel less than 7 days before the event.
- We can sometimes negotiate a lower fee for individuals paying out of their own funds
You can pay using the following methods:
- If you or your organisation cannot pay online, please contact John to book your place and request an invoice, call 020 7241 8978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques payable to ‘Mind in Camden’. Please send to John Wetherell, Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, NW1 9LQ (please mark clearly what it is for).
For more information on booking, please contact:
Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London, NW1 9LQ
020 7241 8978 | email@example.com