Those of us who support children and young people who hear distressing or difficult voices are constantly developing, finding new ways to approach voice-hearing with young people and support them towards their self-defined recovery.
Each young person and family is unique – one size does not fit all.
About This Workshop:
This workshop builds upon the principles explored in our ‘Supporting Children & Young People who Hear Voices’ training, and our ‘Voice Collective Group Facilitation Training’.
Using examples drawn from attendee’s prior experience of working with young voice-hearers, the workshop explores the following topics:
- Developing trust and therapeutic relationships with young people who may not trust easily
- Understanding ‘taboo voices’ (voices that talk about things the young person – and society – find very difficult, including violence & sexuality)
- Finding safe ways of talking about voices and visions with young people in distress
- Working with different, and often conflicting, perspectives on a young person’s experiences
- Working with alternative belief systems (e.g. cultural or spiritual perspectives)
- Using creativity to support conversations
- Applying this learning within the workplace
- We keep class sizes small to maximise the opportunity for discussion & reflection.
We require applicants to have attended either our ‘Supporting Children and Young People who Hear Voices’ training course, or our ‘Voice Collective Group Facilitation’ training course.
This is a FREE training course for anyone working with children or young people who hear voices, see visions, or have other ‘unusual’ sensory experiences.
This course is open to those who support children and young people (in a variety of settings) and who have attended a previous 1-day our 3-day training with us (listed above).
Please only book a place if you are confident that you can attend the course. If you can no longer attend the training, please inform us in writing on email@example.com, and your place will be offered to someone on our waiting list.
Certificates of attendance will be given upon request after the training.