Conway Hall Ethical Society
25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
Exploring Mindfulness and Voices
Trainer: Andy Phee
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Using mindfulness practice to support others and ourselves
A day of practice, exploration and reflection, suitable for hearing voices group facilitators, mental health workers and people living with voices or distressing beliefs.
The workshop includes mindfulness practices throughout the day and interactive exercises in pairs and small groups. We aim to explore
- Grounding and promoting safety
- Mindfulness practices in everyday life
- The breath and the body in mindfulness practice
- Mindfulness meditation practices and adaptions
- Mindful Movement
- Mindful listening and being with others mindfully
Additionally, there will be space to discuss
- Why mindfulness can be helpful
- When mindfulness may and may not be helpful
- Trauma sensitive mindfulness
- The current evidence base for mindfulness and voice hearing and paranoia
- Materials to support mindfulness practice such as guided recordings
- Mindfulness and other approaches and therapies.
- Starting a mindfulness practice and practising together in groups
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Andy Phee’s background was in community mental health nursing. He facilitated a Hearing Voices Group in Camden for many years. More recently since training to teach mindfulness, he has been facilitating mindfulness groups for people experiencing distressing voices and paranoia. He has been practising meditation and mindfulness for 20 years.