INTRODUCING MINDFULNESS: Using mindfulness practice to support others and ourselves
A day of practice, exploration and reflection, suitable for hearing voices group facilitators, mental health workers and people living with voices or distressing beliefs.
10.00am – 4.00pm Friday 13th July 2018
TRAINER: Andy Phee. Andy’s background was in community mental health nursing. He facilitated a Hearing Voices Group in Camden for many years. More recently since training to teach mindfulness, he has been facilitating mindfulness groups for people experiencing distressing voices and paranoia. He has been practising meditation and mindfulness for 20 years.
COURSE CONTENT: The workshop includes mindfulness practices throughout the day and interactive exercises in pairs and small groups. We aim to explore
- Grounding and promoting safety
- Mindfulness practices in everyday life
- The breath and the body in mindfulness practice
- Mindfulness meditation practices and adaptions
- Mindful Movement
- Mindful listening and being with others mindfully
Additionally, there will be space to discuss
- Why mindfulness can be helpful
- When mindfulness may and may not be helpful
- Trauma sensitive mindfulness
- The current evidence base for mindfulness and voice hearing and paranoia
- Materials to support mindfulness practice such as guided recordings
- Mindfulness and other approaches and therapies.
- Starting a mindfulness practice and practising together in groups
£50 Self-funding part-time earners, and students
£100 Self-funding full-time earners, and voluntary sector organisations
£125 Private and statutory organisations (including NHS)
- The full fee will be chargeable if you cancel less than 7 days before the event.
You can pay using the following methods:
- Online via EVENTBRITE
- If you or your organisation cannot pay online, please contact John to discuss your other options. Call 020 7241 8978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on booking, please contact:
Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London, NW1 9LQ
020 7241 8978 | email@example.com